Rise and shine: Tips for throwing the ultimate brunch
Nothing gets your day off to a greater start off than a tasty breakfast &ndash but on most days, you&rsquore as well rushed and stressed to appreciate it. Thankfully, on weekends and holidays, it&rsquos a whole distinct story. There&rsquos time to unwind, enjoy the firm of family members and close friends and prepare and serve that greatest-loved of all leisurely meals: brunch.
A table complete of scrumptious dishes that inspire conversation and interaction is an essential portion of a actually wonderful brunch knowledge. To encourage guests of all ages to linger about the table and get pleasure from the festive atmosphere, contain a range of alternatives that will please all palates. Catherine McCord of Weelicious, a loved ones-centric meals weblog and cookbook author, provides some of her favored guidelines for placing together the ultimate brunch:
* Make brunch interactive and fun for kids. The more you get them involved, the far more they&rsquoll be interested in the food you serve.  That can make it less difficult for everyone to get pleasure from the foods you have spent time preparing.
* &ldquoFrench Toast on a Stick&rdquo turns a brunch staple into one thing a bit more entertaining. Make French toast cubes utilizing different types of bread such as brioche, French bread, croissants or even regular sandwich bread. There&rsquos no need to be concerned that you don&rsquot have a specific variety &ndash they will all make delectable final results.
* Fill bowls with fresh fruits like sliced bananas, strawberries, pineapple and melon balls for children to skewer.
* Keep well being in mind. Wash all fruits &ndash even organic varieties &ndash meticulously. Considering that eggs are usually an essential element of brunch, opt for Safest Option Eggs. These eggs go by means of an all-natural pasteurization procedure that eliminates the danger of salmonella, whilst nonetheless sustaining that farm-fresh flavor absolutely everyone loves. Safest Decision Eggs also let kids get in on the fun of preparation, whilst eliminating worries you may have about their obtaining sick.
* Put out an assortment of drinks for absolutely everyone to make non-alcoholic “kiddy” cocktails: sparkling water, orange, cranberry or grapefruit juice, lemonade, herbal iced tea and sliced fresh fruits are great possibilities.
*Fill the buffet table with a mix-and-match assortment of glasses, plates, placemats, napkins and silverware. It will add visual appeal to the festivities and act as a conversation starter.
Sweet or savory, formal or relaxes, brunch is 1 of those meals that can do it all, and be whatever you want it to be. With these suggestions, and McCord&rsquos recipe for &lsquoFrench Toast on a Stick&rsquo, you&rsquoll be properly on your way to organizing an effortless, yet impressive, brunch that will brighten any day. For much more concepts and recipes, go to www.safeeggs.com/recipes and www.weelicious.com.
French Toast on a Stick
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: ten minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 cup milk (any sort of milk will work)
two huge Safest Decision Eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups brioche, French or sandwich bread (reduce into two inch cubes)
1 tablespoon butter or oil
16 strawberries, stems removed
two bananas, sliced into 1/two inch coins
8 wooden skewers
1. In a bowl, whisk collectively the milk, eggs, honey and cinnamon.
2. Dip the bread cubes in the milk mixture to coat every side.
three. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the bread for 1 1/two minutes on every single side, or until golden brown.
four. Skewer the French toast cubes, strawberries and bananas and serve with maple syrup for dipping.
Accompaniments: maple syrup, honey or raspberry-wee sauce