Reinvent dinner in minutes with common pantry staples
Busy households face the dinnertime challenge each day. Not only do they require to locate a nutritious meal the whole family will get pleasure from, but they want to do so in a limited quantity of time. With a couple of tricks, it&rsquos straightforward to get out of the dinner rut and score huge with tasty, wholesome meals that use pantry staples in creative ways.
Rice is a pantry staple that has limitless possibilities, if you consider outside the box. Discover new ways you can add flavor and depth to Minute (R) Rice and create satisfying, wholesome dishes in just a handful of minutes.
Why decide on rice? Not only is it a healthy and gluten-totally free complicated carbohydrate, it&rsquos versatile, also. Traditional Minute(R) White Rice is precooked, dried and ready in just 5 minutes and family members members of all ages get pleasure from it. Minute(R) Entire Grain Brown Rice is another selection if you want to kick up the fiber quotient of your meal.
Whilst most people view rice as a basic side dish, if you take a much more inventive approach, you&rsquoll find it is a fantastic way to improve virtually any recipe. Attempt adding it to soups, side dishes, primary dishes, appetizers and even desserts. It&rsquos even a fantastic way to start off the day off correct. Right here are a couple of inventive concepts you can try at house:
* Enhance chili: Not only can you add rice to your favored broth-primarily based soups, try adding some to your chili recipe. Not confident about adding it straight to the chili? Cook separately and location a serving in a bowl, then top with chili.
* Wrap it up: Chop your favourite veggies and meat, and cook in a pan. Add cooked rice and then wrap all components in a tortilla for a fast and filling dinner. Have leftovers? Chilled wraps are excellent for brown-bag lunches.
* Chop it up: Rice is a fantastic addition to dips and salsas. Attempt mixing cooked rice, fresh tomatoes, onions and your decision of peppers in a blender or meals processor. Get pleasure from the fresh flavors with crackers or chips, or add to make a breakfast omelet in the morning. Rice can be utilised in any meal or snack all through the day.
* Jazz it up: Rice is a excellent base that can be spiced to your exact taste preferences. Try adding some chili seasoning for heat, or sweeten it with some chopped dried fruit and a touch of honey. Try cooking rice in broth, fruit juice or stock for additional flavor. Go to www.adore-each and every-minute.com for far more recipe tips.
Rice is far from boring or bland. At just pennies a serving, it&rsquos exciting and affordable to experiment and find new meals for your family. Try these two scrumptious rice recipes for family members dinner tonight:
Yummy Orange Chicken and Rice
Tends to make four Servings
1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
1/two cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
2 cups cooked chicken, grilled or roasted (Alternative: try two cups cooked turkey)
1 huge orange, washed and thinly sliced
1 cup frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
two cups cooked, Minute(R) White Rice or Minute(R) Brown Rice
Slivered almonds, optional
1. In a small sauce pan add in: marmalade, orange juice and water. Simmer until blended and lowered by about half. It must be like syrup.
2. Add chicken, orange slices and peas till all are hot.
3. Serve over rice. If desired, sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Classic Minute(R) Rice Pudding
Makes 4 Servings
three cups milk
1 cup Minute(R) White Rice, uncooked
1/four cup sugar
1/4 cup raisins
1/four teaspoon salt
two large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
ground cinnamon, optional
1. Combine milk, rice, sugar, raisins and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low simmer 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
two. Beat eggs and vanilla lightly in a modest bowl. Stir little amount (about 1/two cup) of hot mixture into eggs. Stirring continuously, slowly pour egg mixture back into hot mixture. Stirring continually, cook on low heat 1 minute till thickened. Do not boil.
3. Take away from heat. Let stand 30 minutes. If preferred, sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm. Shop any remaining pudding in refrigerator.
four. Create flavorful new varieties of rice puddings by trying different types of dried fruits, such as dried cherries, chopped dried apricots, chopped dried pineapple or dried sweetened cranberries.