How to save money on summer road trips
Whether you&rsquore driving across the nation on your annual family members road trip or taking a weekend to get pleasure from the open road, there are lots of ways to save on the expense of fuel. Here are some simple ideas that will support you save funds at the pump and stretch the fuel in your gas tank.
* Prepare your vehicle. Normal service can spot troubles that minimize gas mileage, such as a broken thermostat, low transmission fluid or even anything as straightforward as a dirty air filter.
* Prepare yourself. Choose a route ahead of time and study it to know exactly exactly where you&rsquore going, and where you&rsquoll make stops. There&rsquos an app for that. ExxonMobil&rsquos Fuel Finder app is cost-free for Apple and Android devices. The app includes actual-time maps, driving directions and station data for nearly 10,000 Exxon and Mobil retail areas across the continental U.S.
* Take advantage of a rewards system to reduced your fuel expense. Apply for the ExxonMobil Smart Card prior to Sept. 30 to save 18 cents per gallon on qualifying fuel purchases for the first two billing cycles and an ongoing savings of six cents per gallon on qualifying fuel purchases each billing cycle right after that. Just buy at least 45 gallons of Exxon- or Mobil-branded gas in a billing cycle, the savings will apply from that very first gallon of gas up to one hundred gallons and you will automatically acquire your rebate as a credit on your billing statement. Subject to credit approval. Pay a visit to www.exxonmobilcard.com or pick up an application at any Exxon or Mobil station.
* Drive sensibly. Aggressive driving &ndash speeding, speedy acceleration and fast braking &ndash wastes gas and can lower your gas mileage by 33 percent at highway speeds, according to the U.S. Department of Power. Use cruise manage to stick to the speed limit on long, straight highways. Wind resistance increases exponentially with speed and your automobile will perform a lot harder the quicker you go.
* Keep away from the heat. When achievable, attempt to get on the road early in the morning or later in the evening as cooler temperatures set in. Not only will it support you save on air-conditioning costs, but air that is cooler is denser and can actually improve energy and mileage.
Stick to these easy driving tips and you&rsquoll see a lot more savings that you can appreciate on your summer trip. Let&rsquos hit the road!