Celebrate baseball and meet Hall of Fame players
With spring in the air, sports fans everywhere are turning their thoughts to the 2013 baseball season. Spring training already has excitement levels pumped, and quickly the get in touch with of &ldquoplay ball&rdquo will echo by way of the air.
To celebrate opening day and all the excitement of baseball, verify out a new baseball tour in Cooperstown, N.Y., crafted by the legendary filmmaker Ken Burns. Baseball aficionados will recall that Burns&rsquos PBS film &ldquoBaseball&rdquo earned almost 20 diverse awards and award nominations and spawned a critically-acclaimed sequel, &ldquoThe Tenth Inning.&rdquo
Working in partnership with Tauck, a leader in premium-high quality guided travel, Burns has crafted &ldquoThe Tauck Baseball Event: America&rsquos Pastime.&rdquo This unique one particular-time, four-day baseball tour (June 27 to 30, 2013) will be highlighted by opportunities to meet former players, such as members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, get pleasure from presentations by authors and other noted baseball experts and attend an exclusive, following-hours evening inside the Hall of Fame.
Among other insider experiences, attendees will:
* For the duration of your baseball tour, meet Baseball Hall of Fame members Phil Niekro and Ozzie Smith. Niekro, nicknamed &ldquoKnucksie&rdquo for his famed knuckleball, won 318 games for the duration of a 24-year career. He twice led the National League in wins, and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1997. Smith is the all-time assist leader at shortstop with 8,375 assists, and the all-time leader at turning double plays, with 1,590. He was also the recipient of 13 consecutive Gold Glove Awards, and the starting shortstop for 10 consecutive All-Star Games. At the plate, he recorded two,460 hits throughout his 19-year profession.
* One more fascinating aspect of this baseball focused tour is getting to meet and mingle with Ken Burns during an exclusive evening at the Baseball Hall of Fame. Burns will deliver the occasion&rsquos keynote speech and greet guests for the duration of an exclusive following-hours evening inside the National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum. The evening also includes a cocktail and dessert reception, plus the as soon as-in-a-lifetime opportunity to tour the Hall of Fame&rsquos exhibits when the facility is closed to the public.
* Meet author, ESPN commentator, and former significant league outfielder Doug Glanville. Glanville collected an even 1,one hundred hits more than a nine-year major league profession, and amassed a 293-game errorless streak. He is also author of the baseball book, &ldquoThe Game From Where I Stand,&rdquo was a featured specialist in Ken Burns&rsquos baseball films, and is a present analyst and commentator for ESPN.
* Meet other baseball professionals &ndash Also attending Tauck&rsquos unique baseball tour occasion are Daniel Okrent, author, editor, inventor of Rotisserie League (a.k.a. &ldquoFantasy&rdquo) Baseball and a featured expert in &ldquoBaseball,&rdquo along with baseball historian Tom Heitz.
* Attend particular baseball-themed activities. Guests will also appreciate an exclusive interactive expertise with Niekro and Smith at Cooperstown&rsquos iconic Doubleday Field, attend a period &ldquoTown Ball&rdquo game played with 19th-century rules, and even take a few swings in historic batting cages.
To learn more contact 800-468-2825, or visit Tauck on the internet.